This is a healthy vegan falafel recipe, without deep frying, GF flour and with lots of fresh parsley! It’s so easy to make, I’m sure this healthy vegan falafel will become one of your favorite recipes too! A great meal option combined with Perfect Body Tea's teatox
- 1 cup dry chickpeas or 2 cups of canned, boiled chickpeas (if you want to have these chickpea patties ready in 25 minutes, then you should use canned chickpeas. If you’ll use dry chickpeas, you have to soak them overnight and boild them for at least two hours)
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 onion, diced
- 6 garlic cloves, mashed
- 4 Tbsps chickpea flour, or any other type of flour
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground caraway seeds
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 Tbsp tahini paste (optional)
- oil (3-4 Tbsps) for frying
- Add boiled chickpeas in the food processor and blend well until they have a paste-like consistency.
- Put them in a large bowl and blend in all the other ingredients, except oil.
- Heat some oil in a non-stick frying pan.
- Make the patties – 1 Tbsps per patty.
- Fry them 1-2 minutes on each side. Alternatively, you can bake them. Put the patties in a greased oven tray. Bake 15 minutes on each side.
- Put the falafels on a plate covered with a paper towel, in order to absorb all excess oil.