I thought with summer coming it would be nice to include a BBQ recipe. This is a very low in fat dish and we enjoyed it while drinking our Garcinia loose leaf tea as a part of our PBT teatox plan. I have found the organic coconut flavours in the green tea match very nicely with India flavours, especially when served as iced tea on a warm day at a barbie!
(Makes approximately 8 medium chicken breasts)
- 1/4 cup olive or other light flavored oil
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons coriander
- 2 tablespoons tamarind
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- Mix all sauce ingredients in a mixing bowl. You will end up with a tar-like substance in the bottom of the bowl and not all the oil will mix in. Don’t panic.
- Using both hands, scoop up a small amount of the mixture along with a little oil and massage it vigorously into the chicken like your life depends on that bird being relaxed.
- Grill until fully cooked and serve.
Delicious with some Iced Awaken Perfect Body Tea: find it here
Health facts for the Tandoori sauce:
NOTE: This data is for the sauce only. Adjust for different numbers of chicken breasts. This data is based on using 8 servings (or 8 chicken breasts).
Total Fat: 7 gm
Saturated Fats: 0 gm
Trans Fats: 0 gm
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 1 mg
Carbohydrates: 4 gm
Dietary fiber: 0 gm
Sugars: 1 gm
Protein: 1 gm
Estimated Glycemic Load: 2