So, You Wanna Have Tea Party?
When it comes to planning a tea party or selecting foods to pair with tea, the goal is to choose items that complement the flavors and aromas of the tea while providing a delightful and well-balanced experience. Here are some food options that pair well with tea and are commonly enjoyed at tea parties:
- Cucumber and cream cheese
- Smoked salmon with dill and lemon
- Egg salad with watercress
- Chicken or turkey with cranberry sauce
- Roast beef with horseradish
- Classic plain scones with clotted cream and strawberry jam
- Fruit scones with butter or lemon curd
- Cheese scones with herb butter
Pastries and Cakes:
- Mini quiches or savory tartlets
- Petit fours or bite-sized cakes
- Fruit tarts or tartlets
- Macarons in various flavors
- Lemon bars or citrus-infused cakes
- Tea-infused cakes, such as Earl Grey or matcha-flavored cakes
Biscuits and Cookies:
- Shortbread cookies
- Butter cookies
- Biscotti (ideal for dipping in tea)
- Almond or hazelnut cookies
- Gingerbread cookies or ginger snaps
Fresh Fruits and Berries:
- Melon slices
- Citrus segments (orange, grapefruit)
Nuts and Dried Fruits:
- Dried apricots
- Dried cranberries
Remember to offer a variety of flavors, textures, and colors to create an enticing spread. It's also nice to provide options for guests with dietary restrictions, such as gluten-free or vegan choices.
Additionally, consider serving your tea party treats on tiered trays or elegant platters to add a touch of sophistication. And don't forget to offer a selection of teas to cater to different tastes, such as black, green, herbal, or floral teas.
Ultimately, the joy of a tea party lies in the combination of delightful company, delicious treats, and a cup of tea, creating an atmosphere of warmth and conviviality. Enjoy your tea party and the delectable foods that accompany it!
Use Promo Code: IREAD to receive 10% off your order in 2023!